I loved Nina Nailed It’s app post and wanted to share some of my favorites this morning too!
1. Line Camera is great as a general editor (or adding cute little stickers everywhere!) I use line camera primarily for creating text watermarks as well.
2. I use Diptic for custom collages because it doesn’t confine you to just square segments or a small number of photos. The paid version allows you to customize everything from borders and colors to frame shapes and sizes.
3. I use Squaready for when I want framed images or I want to add white space. This is a quick, simple app with not a lot of fuss in terms of options and creating. I like that you are not confined to alignment and can adjust/arrange an image freely in the space. I also like that you can also crop within the app as well.
4. A Beautiful Mess is great for adding text or cute whimsical designs. I like that the designs/additions are true to the ABM style of hand drawn and homemade type elements.
5. I like using Kaleido Lens for kaleidoscope type images. The patterns and angles are great and I love using it for close up nail art or polish pictures. I won’t lie, I’ve probably spent hours making patterns with this!
6. VSCOcam has become one of my all time favorite apps. It contains filters that are different from most and is simplified in terms of options and overall design. It provides more muted tones, gives more of a film, dreamy quality and has more customization within each filter. I’m pretty obsessed with it at the moment.
7.Font is an app I’ve only tried recently, it has more text/font options and design components than many free apps I have seen. This is great for adding that touch of type or graphic design to your images.
8. Piclab is another all in one app that has filters, patterns and type that you can overlap onto your pictures. Piclab is another favorite in that is has many, many, many fonts! It also lets you write (almost) as much as you want, giving you up to 4 separate boxes for type with a large character limit. I love that you can also edit opacity with almost all of the components, so you can use a lot of different elements but it’s not overbearing.
9. Sketch is little drawing app I use to draw & jot down designs when I don’t have paper and a pen on hand. I try not to spend time on drawing anything of detail since there are limited options, so I really just use it to get quick ideas out of my mind.
All of these apps are free too! I have folders and folders of apps everywhere on my phone, but these are probably the ones I use the most and on a daily basis besides social media platforms.
Please feel free to follow me on Instagram to see more posts or to discover more nail art!: @sincerelykimbui
What type of apps do you use on a daily basis? What apps do you use for your nail art?